April ~ Day Twenty Five



Some days we just hang out

This boy and me

Sharing the same space

The same air

Held together by invisible string

A glance to check in with the other

A movement to indicate.... what I don't know

A book appears

I read

He listens

I point to a word

He reads it out loud

Mutual enjoyment brings light

From dark

Loudly I exclaim

Delighted he laughs

A sweet book

A lovely moment captured in time

Mother and son together

I wait

He turns the page

Always ready to take on a role

I look in wonder

At the child I helped create

The man who is a constant in my day

It's not easy

I must admit

Why me, I ask

Why not you, they say

All I can do is...

Nurture

Cherish

Guide

Love

No matter how hard





















4 comments:

  1. Can you smile and shed tears all at the same time? Beautifully written and totally understood. Hugs.

    Thanks for linking up with Small Steps Amazing Achievements
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane. The words just flowed onto the page! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. x